While I’m waiting for my laundry to dry so I can pack for tomorrow’s departure to LA, I should probably fire off some quick first impressions of Nokia’s flagship device. Here they are, in no particular order:
- The space bar being off to one side really isn’t an issue — but overcoming the muscle memory from my E71 is proving to be more of a challenge than I thought.
- The home screen widgets are cool, but I’d much rather have a Twitter widget than a Facebook one.
- I really wish there was a “sort alphabetically” option in the apps menu. The folders help clean things up, but how come I can’t have a folder as a shortcut on my home screen?
- I think Nokia made a mistake including a stylus with this handset. It reeks of last-gen Windows Mobile handsets and you really don’t need it — though I’m taking it with me just in case…
- I’m really not a fan of touchscreens, but I’m starting to see the advantages, at least when dealing with on-screen menus.
- And finally, Opera Mini really needs to update the icon for S60 5th edition — that thing is hideous!
More usage reports from the road… Just heard the dryer go off!